hiiii!! chickie mama newbie here :33

i was hoping to free range them since we have a nice yard for it, i need to attach a locking mechanism for their front door and this isnt the final spot but here’s our finished coop we put together yesterday:
Kanami, I honestly would not try to squeeze 9 chickens in there. That is just way to small. They need at least 4sq foot per chicken in the coop.
They do need a run, even if you plan to free range. It isn't a good idea to leave them out when you aren't home. Also there are flying predators to worry about, as well as, skunks, raccoons, and others.

Kanami, I honestly would not try to squeeze 9 chickens in there. That is just way to small. They need at least 4sq foot per chicken in the coop.
They do need a run, even if you plan to free range. It isn't a good idea to leave them out when you aren't home. Also there are flying predators to worry about, as well as, skunks, raccoons, and others.
i was sorta leaning that way as well when i first put them all in to get a look, when i messaged the company for an estimate how many could fit in there they said “up to 10.” thanks for telling me about the run thing though, i’ll look into buying the matching run that goes with the coop and i might look into buying a second coop as well. our backyard is well shaded as we have a lot of trees but im thinking of hanging up colorful wires as well to deter any flying predators. going out today to buy locks for the coop :)

Back
Top Bottom