Holland lop owners/breeders what do you think of her?

Alicia G

Songster
9 Years
Sep 29, 2010
Nova Scotia
I am getting back into Holland lops and the place I'm getting my main stock has offered me a 2 year old broken cream doe. She is a proven breeder, and he is willing to breed her to her blue otter buck for me, if I buy her that is. He wants 100$ for her. She is a beautiful doe, but I want to know what others think?

The buck

I am going to be working with otters/selfs hopefully

I think he's misidentified the color of the doe. Cream is supposed to be a creamy beige color; she looks way too gray in that picture. I'm thinking that she's a Broken Blue Tort (an unshowable color). I'm not sure I have ever seen a wide-band color like Cream in Holland Lops; on the other hand, Tort is extremely common - probably 70% of the Holland Lops I have seen in my life were either Tort, Blue Tort, or the broken version of one or the other.

There are a lot of things that you have to get your hands on the rabbit to know about them, you just can't see them in a picture. But from what I can see, I agree, she's a classy little girl!

Well I have seen cream hollands before, he has one actually. But I do agree she doesn't look like a broken cream. I was sure brkn blue tors could be shown...

I have just checked my most recent copy of the Standard of Perfection and you are right - Blue Torts are showable (that was an old memory resurfacing).

Back
Top Bottom