Home made chicken plucker / how to make

I made a home made 1 with drill and 5 in piece of bungi straps, the rubber ones. I had an old piece of cutting bard/counter top and clamped the drill in place. Using a zip tie to hold the trigger down. Only downfall this has is its always on once you plug it in unless you have it on a switched outlet or a surge protector.
Best part is none of the materials cost me anything since I had everything laying around. When I did use it when the bird was wet it made more of a mess and some of the skin got tore but not sure if that was the plucker or me with to much pressure bird against fingers.

This is what I built last week Jean
This is awesome!! Had talked to DH a couple of days ago, and he is wanting to make one(so he doesn't have to spend so much time watching me pluck), said he has an old drill he never uses because of his cordless ones. He also works maintenance, and has to weld, so I will tell him to check for old welding hose to make "fingers". Thanks for sharing!!
thumbsup.gif

BTW I used mine again last weekend. Sadly had to cull a roo. With exception on a few bruised knucks (My fault) worked great as dry plucking. Didn't even try scalding this time. Could prolly replace fingers with some fresher ones, been sitting 2 years but still works great. Roo in FC and not 1 pin feather, and he was BA so I could of seen really easy. Black feather white skin.

Back
Top Bottom