Homemade Hoodie Buddie?

MonkeyZero

Songster
12 Years
Sep 14, 2007
Modesto Ca
Alrighty there.
I know that this forum has a group of AMAZING craft people. And I needed some help.
I have been wanting a hoodie buddie for a long time. If you dont know what it is, here is what it is

http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.asp...50642+1263&Nao=0&PSO=0&CmCatId=external|72523

Now, two problems arise.
1 the in ear head phones are a bother, and they mess with my ear. I use regular ear phones. NOT the kind with a suction thing in the ear.
2 Washing. there is a 50/50 percent chance that your headphones will not work after EACH drying
SOOO
I was wondering If i can make a hoodie, in which i can remove the head phones any time i want, but using a similar design for the hoodie budddie.
Thanks
smile.png

Last edited:
Those are cool! I also wondered how they would do with washing and drying. I wouldn't be able to wear them anyway, as I use headphones. I hate those little ear buds - they won't stay in! They keep falling out, no matter how I put them in
sad.png
They also give me a headache, haha. By the time I turn it up enough to hear over everything else, my eardrums want to explode
th.gif

what about making a band about two inches wide that has velcro hook strips to attach to the inside of the hoodie to hold the earpiece band?
If you don't like the velcro, maybe snaps.

Last edited:
I don't like ear buds either, but I don't like the old fashioned headphones that go over your head because they are too big to stick in my pocket. What I found to work perfect for me are headphones that have the same ear pieces as the original versions, but they hang on around the back of your ear. Each earphone is separate. They are very comfortable and I can wear them all day!

I would probably make a hoodie so that you can string the headphone cord along the inside of the hoodie and make a hole to the pocket so you can keep your ipod in there without cords all over the place. As far as the head phones go, what about making some type of fabric cover to go over the wires so it looks like pull cord but they actually are not. You could string the wire up the back of the hoodie and the attach them with velcro or something to the neck of the hoodie.

Back
Top Bottom