Homemade incubator temp

I've had my eggs go up to 120, and most of them actually hatched! they hatched actually earlier, because when the temperature changes to so high, it makes them develop faster i think.
11/12 eggs hatched when they went uo to 120 for a short period of time. I wouldn't worry!
It depends how long the temp spike is before it's caught and corrected. A high temp spike that stays up long enough to drive the inside of the egg temp up past the danger zone will and usually does kill the developing embryo. A high temp spike that is caught before the internal temp goes too high isn't as detrimental.

Yes, eggs that are incubated at a slightly higher temp over the average of incubation will hatch out early and eggs incubated in a lower than average temp for the incubation will be delayed. However, In both cases you have higher risks of chicks being born with development issues and strength issues as well as possible hatch complications.

Such great knowledge here. I am just pleased that my little babies are still developing and wiggling around in there. Nature is such an amazing thing... all a hen has to do is sit on the darn things; move them around a few times and ta-da... 21 days later a chick!!! but when humans try to duplicate the process; its so tedious.

Such great knowledge here. I am just pleased that my little babies are still developing and wiggling around in there. Nature is such an amazing thing... all a hen has to do is sit on the darn things; move them around a few times and ta-da... 21 days later a chick!!! but when humans try to duplicate the process; its so tedious.
LOL. It seems that way. The funny thing thing is even the hen does things like pluck out chest feathers, shake water from her beak and sometimes even fan them off with her wings to control temp and humidity. The difference is, she naturally knows just what they need and we are like:
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom