Homeschool families?

First year for us to homeschool our two youngest children.
Grades 6th and 8th. We use the ACE curriculum and
we love it. May have to explaing something to the
kids every once in a while but is very centered on the
children learning and not on the parent teaching.

Quote:
My paperwork is a breeze.

Not trying to threadjack, but this is such an intersting topic............

Did you go from public school to home or have you always home schooled?

Quote:
My paperwork is a breeze.

Not trying to threadjack, but this is such an intersting topic............

Did you go from public school to home or have you always home schooled?

From public school to homeschool. Kids were 4th and 9th grade when we pulled them out. PM me if ya want
smile.png

Have homeschooled my daughters entire life. She's 14 now. We started out using Seton's Catholic program for Kindergarten thru 4th. Then we moved to NC where the laws are a bit looser and we were able to do a more life centered learning. It is our belief that children should be out in the world with the family learning through family life and activity.

She learns math through carpentry, cooking, learning CAD on the computer. Science through working on our farm, studying astronomy, just taking walks and discovering things. She takes TaeKwonDo for physEd because it is something she has discovered she loves and she goes 5-7 times a week. She loves to read so great literature is never a problem, just leave the books where she can find it and Jane Austen to Jack Kirouac gets read. The hardest thing is writing, getting any child to write these days is like pulling teeth.

Some subjects we have to tow the traditional line on because of College requirements. We'll be doing a traditional lab science, we take Spanish via Rosetta Stone. We will be hitting all the traditional math topics enough in our own way to cover the 4 math's they require. I'm starting to work on teaching her serious outlining for essay projects etc.

Laney

This has been weighing heavy on my mind as of late. My child will be attending Kindergarten in the Fall, and on one hand I REALLY would like to homeschool her, but on the other hand I want her to be among her peers and such.

Quote:
We do homeschool groups, church, and youngest has 'play dates' weekly. Extra curricular is what you make it. There is plenty of time for socialization...and the GOOD kind of socialization where the parent is in control rather than leaving it to strangers. I disliked the social aspect of public school and so did my kiddos. Head lice, bus brawls, smoking in the bathrooms, teachers not caring enough to TEACH....we learned bits of Spanish from lunch at the Mexican restaurant...lol. We did park days, field trips, everything and anything we wanted to do for social activity. My oldest went to local high school ballgames and dances. Like I said...it's what you make it.

Quote:
We do homeschool groups, church, and youngest has 'play dates' weekly. Extra curricular is what you make it. There is plenty of time for socialization...and the GOOD kind of socialization where the parent is in control rather than leaving it to strangers. I disliked the social aspect of public school and so did my kiddos. Head lice, bus brawls, smoking in the bathrooms, teachers not caring enough to TEACH....we learned bits of Spanish from lunch at the Mexican restaurant...lol. We did park days, field trips, everything and anything we wanted to do for social activity. My oldest went to local high school ballgames and dances. Like I said...it's what you make it.

This is us too.

We have been homeschooling since 2006 and love it! I have an 8yo and an almost 10yo. My youngest went to almost a year of preschool but nothing past that. My oldest went to kinder and a few months of 1st grade at private school. I have loved homeschooling from the moment we started and I can't imagine doing anything else at this point!

I homeschooled on/off for K/2 grade for 2 kids. Really miss it. Dh is against homeschool.Currently have them in private school.Pulled them out of public after 4 months of bullying issues in(of all grades) kindergarten! Dh gripes about school costs,but I refuse to return the kids to the local district. I have even suggested public school at home via one of our states online schools,but my heart will always be for homeschooling. It really is a wonderful option.
I am hoping in the future we will return to it.

Back
Top Bottom