Homeschooling - SUPPORT GROUP

Pics
Hello fellow homeschooling peeps! We are homeschooling (8 yo DD) in NJ. Thought I would join in here.

Welcome! It has been pretty quite around here but feel free to ask any questions or if you have any suggestions for us newbies feel free to impart your knowledge.

Yes, feel free to share..I am new to hs & new to this area as well, so it has been hard for my daughter & I in many ways. Hope everyone had a Happy New Year!!!!! :)

Yes, feel free to share..I am new to hs & new to this area as well, so it has been hard for my daughter & I in many ways. Hope everyone had a Happy New Year!!!!! :)

Also worth finding home schooling groups in your state and area. Will give you a greater sense of connection when your child can have some co-ordinated activities with other home schooled children.

Does anyone know anything about the program reading bear?

I have it up on a tab and have been looking at it. I have not signed up yet. I just got the kids reading eggs and the math part too. There is a website that buys in bulk and then resells lots of good websites. Reading eggs is one.... we also signed up for Timez Attack. My oldest loved it for the first 15 mins but I think since he is 5 that might be about all his little mind can take before he implodes. It seems like a really good game and really makes kids learn math facts and MEMORIZE them. It has addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. From Pre-K on up. There is a video on you tube about it if you want to look. Here is the link to the website that sells subscriptions to other education sites. You make a free account for each child sign up each child for each website. I recommend doing it all at one time. The subscriptions expire in June no matter when you sign up. But I did it because it is just so much cheaper and I want them to start using it.

If you mention me they will give me some credits for the next time.
lol.png

https://sites.google.com/site/kidsonlineacademy/

I have been studying it for the last few days. It's originator is from the same person that developed wikipedia and has kept it as a non-profit site. I am impressed with what I see so far and think I'm going to try it. I was just hoping that someone may have been a step ahead on this.

I have been studying it for the last few days. It's originator is from the same person that developed wikipedia and has kept it as a non-profit site. I am impressed with what I see so far and think I'm going to try it. I was just hoping that someone may have been a step ahead on this.

Keep us updated..... I may join too but my kids are using reading eggs and seem to really like it.

We do Singapore math wich is great because it gives children a very strong foundation in math. We have used Moving beyond the page a literature based curriculum for everything else but it was not my daughters favorite. We also used Life of Fred for math before and loved it but moved on to Singapore. For language arts we do Brave writer (The Boomerang) and some online classes with them, khan academy and time for learning for science and social studies and Story of the World and The Joy Hakem History books for history. My Daughter also does 4-H poultry club and learns a lot from that and rides horses 3-4 days a week for "P.E" ( trust me it IS a sport AND physical activity!!) and being a working homestead get lots of activity. Hope this Helped .....
smile.png

Also i started my 4 year old daughter on ABC mouse and she absolutely loves it!!

( i homeschool 2 daughters 4 and 13 now)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom