Homeschooling - SUPPORT GROUP

Pics
My kids also have used ABC Mouse.... but it doesn't hold their interest much anymore. My 5 almost 6 year old has been playing Timez Attack and the first time through he was 89% proficient in Multiplication. He is not playing it as much. His proficiency has dropped but he will keep playing and get it back up. Now if he will work just as hard on addition and subtraction he will be flying.

Hi, I just found this thread...It's great! I started reading it from the beginning. I will have to continue tomorrow. I homeschool twin 14 year old boys. We started when they were 5 :) We were using a great curriculum call SkillsTutor at Home. It was discontinued for some reason and I've been looking for a good self taught program.
We have a ranch full of animals. I work with horses and birds. The kids raise chickens.

Hi, I just found this thread...It's great! I started reading it from the beginning. I will have to continue tomorrow. I homeschool twin 14 year old boys. We started when they were 5 :) We were using a great curriculum call SkillsTutor at Home. It was discontinued for some reason and I've been looking for a good self taught program.
We have a ranch full of animals. I work with horses and birds. The kids raise chickens.
Wow! sounds like we'd get along great with all those critters you own! lol I have an African Grey & 2 Senegals, but used to rescue parrots in FL & had over 100 birds, not including Chickens, Pheasants, Quail, etc....We had Zebu as well. I miss them. Sold almost all my critters when we moved. :(

TJ -- dont be afraid to build your own cirriculum until or if you find another curriculum you like.

I found this website by looking at the bottom of my sons worksheet from school

www.superteacherworksheets.com

The lower levels are free; the upper levels are not BUT you can see enough to work around the marked out areas. Looks like middle school level.

( I didnt ck the link -- let me know if it isnt working.)

Older son is working on a 5 million years in the future project in science. THey use a questionaire to create a future environment, and then resesign an animal to evolve to 5 million years into the future, with another question aire to help the student look at the changes like teeth, feeet, fur etc. THEN write a 1-2 page essay to describe the new environment and animal adaptations.

Makes a student use a variety of skills for one project. My son is loving it.

Wow! sounds like we'd get along great with all those critters you own! lol I have an African Grey & 2 Senegals, but used to rescue parrots in FL & had over 100 birds, not including Chickens, Pheasants, Quail, etc....We had Zebu as well. I miss them. Sold almost all my critters when we moved. :(

Where did you move to? I would happily share about half my animals with you!

TJ -- dont be afraid to build your own cirriculum until  or if you find another curriculum you like. 

I found this website by looking at the bottom of my sons worksheet from school

www.superteacherworksheets.com

The lower levels are free; the upper levels are not BUT you can see enough to work around the marked out areas.  Looks like middle school level.

( I didnt ck the link -- let me know if it isnt working.)

Older son is working on a 5 million years in the future project in science.  THey use a questionaire to create a future environment, and then resesign an animal to evolve to 5 million years into the future, with another question aire to help the student look at the changes like teeth, feeet, fur etc. THEN write a 1-2 page essay to describe the new environment and animal adaptations.

Makes a student use a variety of skills for one project. My son is loving it.

Thanks!I will look into this. I am finding it harder to get my kids on their school work, the older they get. They have so many interests and are so busy with other things. Good things, but still, I see faltering with math and writing..... harder to keep kids under my thumb when they are taller than me....

Back
Top Bottom