Hooked beak

I’m so sorry! Poor little chick

Thank you.. I've hatched out hundreds of chicks in the past, and have bought dozens more.. Sometimes it just happens.. Chicks are so fragile, and the fact that I bought 18 from TSC, after shipping in February (cold temps) and only lost this one, I think that's good odds.. Now, I'm not saying I'm not sad or anything negative about this.. A life is a life, and I hate that I couldn't save her.. But, I've been hearing horror stories already this year about shipped chicks, so I got very lucky..

Unfortunately, I did all I could for her but she didn't make it.. Whenever I got up, went near the room or came home from work, she was the first one I looked for.. She was so much smaller than the rest of them and she wasn't feathering like the others.. She just wasn't thriving at all, and I think the issues went deeper than just her beak.. When I came home from work about 30 min ago, I found her gone.. Unfortunately, we never know why sometimes.. I did look her over after I found her, and her beak was not lined up either.. It was a slight cross beak, so she definitely had issues...

Thanks for all the kind words and suggestions y'all..
:hugs I'm sorry about the chick.

Back
Top Bottom