House Goose Thread

To bring a little happy note to the House Goose thread, here's a Cas update. Castiel is now 11 weeks old! He loves looking out the window by his play pen and "talking" to the squirrel that visits him every morning! This morning, I forgot to pull the blinds up for him, and this is how he reminded me! LOL
lau.gif

0.jpg
He's soooo big wow! Pear is nine weeks and isn't even fully feathered. My geese outside who are I guess 14 weeks old now haven't developed lobes yet. They are fully feathered but aren't big like my two year old Embden gander.

He's soooo big wow! Pear is nine weeks and isn't even fully feathered. My geese outside who are I guess 14 weeks old now haven't developed lobes yet. They are fully feathered but aren't big like my two year old Embden gander.
He's HUGE isn't he?! Other than the "scruff" still on his neck, he's not only fully feathered, but just finished his first actual molt..
ep.gif
He's def got his lobe(s) too, but he's still short n stocky LOL

Cas is so precious!
He is SOOO pampered. I take him all over with me now and he just adores people of all sizes. He's so gentle with little ones. I wonder if somehow he knows? He'll nibble or "preen" on bigger people but sits perfectly calm and still with children. Maybe they instinctually know the difference somehow. He's developing a bit of a following on the YouTube now too, and I get hollered at when I don't post updates! LOL
lau.gif

He's HUGE isn't he?! Other than the "scruff" still on his neck, he's not only fully feathered, but just finished his first actual molt..
ep.gif
He's def got his lobe(s) too, but he's still short n stocky LOL

He is SOOO pampered. I take him all over with me now and he just adores people of all sizes. He's so gentle with little ones. I wonder if somehow he knows? He'll nibble or "preen" on bigger people but sits perfectly calm and still with children. Maybe they instinctually know the difference somehow. He's developing a bit of a following on the YouTube now too, and I get hollered at when I don't post updates! LOL
lau.gif
I can see where he would be popular. such a handsome young fellow. I love how gentle you say he is, I hope he stays that way as he approaches hormone age.

I want to update everyone on our baby. Our baby just crossed the Rainbow Bridge on July 16 at the age of 8-9 weeks. She had a severe episode of labored breathing despite our efforts to manage her genetic condition and as my husband was trying to comfort her and I was on the phone, she passed on. We just did a nice burial ceremony for her and we have a bird bath with clover where she rests as water and clover were two things she loved. We will also keep two of her favorite toys as a memento of our short but amazing time with her. We have been missing her terribly and I am still crying writing this, but now at least she has no suffering and can walk and play with all the other geese without any difficulty.

Here is a picture of her when she was still really small and we first fell in love with her.

We definitely want to get a pair of geese in the future but we do not know when this will happen, likely not before our other animals have also moved on. I may therefore not be active for a while but I thank everyone for your help in giving our disabled goose a chance to see the wonders of the world. Her feathers had grown so much and she loved her wings and I am very happy we could give her the chance to see them.

RIP Meg Ryan Gosling aka chickenwing

I want to update everyone on our baby. Our baby just crossed the Rainbow Bridge on July 16 at the age of 8-9 weeks. She had a severe episode of labored breathing despite our efforts to manage her genetic condition and as my husband was trying to comfort her and I was on the phone, she passed on. We just did a nice burial ceremony for her and we have a bird bath with clover where she rests as water and clover were two things she loved. We will also keep two of her favorite toys as a memento of our short but amazing time with her. We have been missing her terribly and I am still crying writing this, but now at least she has no suffering and can walk and play with all the other geese without any difficulty.

Here is a picture of her when she was still really small and we first fell in love with her.

We definitely want to get a pair of geese in the future but we do not know when this will happen, likely not before our other animals have also moved on. I may therefore not be active for a while but I thank everyone for your help in giving our disabled goose a chance to see the wonders of the world. Her feathers had grown so much and she loved her wings and I am very happy we could give her the chance to see them.

She was such a precious gosling, I am so sorry for your loss. You are so right though she is now running and flapping those wings..
hugs.gif

Aww this is so sad
hit.gif
But also sweet, because you gave her a chance where others might not have. I'm so sorry her time with you was so short, but you did good by her. Some Angels walk on two legs and don't have wings. Hugs to you and your Hub. You are both very special people.

Ughhhhhhhhh ): I'm so so sorry, my heart hurts for you and I'm in tears now. You really did give her the absolute best life she could have possibly had. Thank you for dedicating so much time and love for her, you're an example that a lot of us should follow!

r.i.p. chickenwing

So, Pear has now decided that the life of waiting outside my shower door is too boring for him, and he wants more excitement. Usually, he sits himself down right by the shower door and pecks at the glass while I'm in there, but today I left the bathroom to get a towel while the shower was on, and when I came back Pear was standing under the water trying to take a bath in it! Of course I told him to get out but he argued with everything I said, most of the time he would interrupt me! So he stayed in the shower until we were both clean and ready to start the day.

Another habit he has now that he's an angsty teenager is tearing paper towels from my hands! Long ago he was trying to eat a paper towel, and I stomped on the ground and yelled no. For a while he was terrified of them, now he is turning his fear into anger! If I'm ever holding a paper towel in my hand low enough for him to reach he will literally jump in the air and snatch it out of your hand, and if you don't let go he will play tug-of-war. His main goal in life now is to show the evil paper towels that he is the top goose! When my phone is fixed I will post a video of him stealing them!

Back
Top Bottom