House Hens

my5hens

Chirping
9 Years
Jan 17, 2011
Ok I'm not totally believing this one but this girl in my ceramics class says one of her hens watches TV with her most nights. Just sits there on a towel on the couch and just chills out with her. The idea of that is hallarious but I dont think any of my girls would go for it.

(Image removed for size)

And that ain't a hen ;-) It's not really any different than a dove or small parrot. It's all about how they're socialized and what's familiar.

Last edited:
I take a lot of my hens and roosters inside and have them on my lap while I watch television. I do that also with my guinea . . . and my turkey, too!!!
clap.gif
Well, he actually doesn't sit on my lap, but I lay out a beach towel in front of the TV and sit on it with him. I have to keep my hand on him to keep him from walking away, but he's getting used to it.
smile.png

None of my birds are house trained, perce, so they don't get to just run around the house all the time. I've tried a diaper, but I must have gotten one with something wrong with it because whomever I put it on always gets it off soon.
roll.png
But yes, I have my birds in the house a lot. And at any given time I probably usually have around ten birds living in the house in some sort of heated bin or cage -- five or ten chicks, a bird or two just getting a rest inside for a couple of days, a new bird who doesn't get along with the others yet, one I'm treating for something, that sort of thing.

So the short answer is, yes, that girl in your ceramics class probably spends most nights with her chicken watching TV.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom