Houston Chicken Swap Meet, Lets Start One!

Uh oh...Buffy the Buff Silkie is a HE and not a she! Since we live in a subdivision, I can't have a rooster crowing. We have 3 other nice hens: Miranda the Maran, Teddy the Americauna, and at the top of the pecking order Spade, an Australorp/Bantam.

Looks like we've found a home for her at Boyd Farms in Conroe...heading up there tomorrow morning. My daughter and I would be interested in a meet up sometime.

Last edited:
I'm looking for large fowl polish pullets if anyone has any. I have two in the incubator, but you know how that goes. If both hatch they will probably be cockerels with my luck. Can trade a barnvelder rooster or 2 Silver Laced Wyandotte cockerels. I also have SLW, RIR and BR in the bator if anyone is interested. All large fowl. These are all shipped eggs so I can't gaurantee quality but the breeder birds look good. Due to hatch the 10th.

it seems it is a difficult thing to start in the Houston area can't seem to get much interest
I have recently moved to Plantersville, TX 20 miles west of Conroe and 5 miles North of Magnolia on 5 acres my chickens have never been so happy.

it seems it is a difficult thing to start in the Houston area can't seem to get much interest

I am not sure what the term Swap is to most people but there are at least 4 trade days in the Houston area. 2 in the Conroe area ( Montgomery Co. Fairgrounds) and 2 in Arcola ( at the feed store).
These are mostly sales but you may find someone to Swap with you.

Bob

Is anyone planning on going to the La Grange Poultry Show in the 1st of September? I have Cream Legbars that I would love to "Swap". I will look into the sales area and see if I can reserve a table at the show if anyone is interested.

Back
Top Bottom