Houston there is a problem

Francischick

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 16, 2012
mississippi
I started a staggered hatch I have eggs that should hatch a week after my first bunch. The first bunch for into lockdown tomorrow isn't that going to hurt the 6 younger eggs?

well it should be ok, I normally stop turning my eggs and put them in the 2nd incubator 1 week before they hatch.

But if they are not due to hatching 1 week after "lockdown" then you should find another place for them, a 2nd incubator works great!

What kind of incubator do you have? Is there a way you can separate the older eggs from the turner but continue turning the younger ones? If you can do this I think you'll be ok.
By the way I have the same situation. I'll have 85 to remove from the turner one week before the last 35. I'm just going to increase the humidity for three days for the first eggs and when they're hatched I'll put it back to normal.

I have 2 incubators and I have an egg turner, and only put in one row (7) of eggs each day, so each day 1 week before the hatch I transfer thise 7 eggs to the 2nd incubator till the are all out of the 1st incubator then when they start to peck through I put them back in the 1st incubator so they have room to hatch. then they are transferd to the brooder. I then clean the incubators and start the process all over again.

Back
Top Bottom