Hova-Bator 1602-10 Still Air Malfunctioning;(.

daisygirlfp

In the Brooder
Mar 9, 2016
Minden, Nevada
Day 17. Yesterday the incubator with 31 eggs went up to 106 F I did not adjust the thermostat, just took the top off for a minute off and on over the next several hours and the temperature stabilized. When I woke up at 4 am this morning the temperature was 94 F. Brokenhearted for these little peeps who were supposed to hatch right after Easter. I think I will build my own or spend a little more for a different brand of an incubator with a fan.
I don't get it. The incubator held temperature well for over 2 weeks and the candled chicks were kicking in anticipation of a life chasing bugs. Incubating eggs is so fun and so sad.
Any ideas? I can return the incubator without a problem but I really want to hatch some chicks from my favorite White Rock Roo.

Last edited:
I'm on day 21 with ducklings, so alittle ahead of you. I came home last night and found my bator at 104. I naturally freaked out and candled them, all are still alive. But I didn't know what could cause it since nothing has changed, but then I remembered. They will start making their own body heat which causes the temp to rise. Other than that my bator, which is the same as yours, hasn't had any problems!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom