Hova-bator egg turner issues

Allie3513

Chirping
Mar 3, 2015
Arkansas
I purchased a new Hova-bator and turner in March, and just now getting around to using it. This is my first time incubating.

So I put my eggs in Monday, and thought everything was going great until this morning when I noticed my turner was in the exact same place it was the night before. So I took a picture, went and got ready for work and returned 45 minutes later and it was still in the same place. (I also noticed it was in the same place when I took my photo on Monday night as well)
It was like it rotated to the left after I put the eggs in and got stuck.

Took a photo again, questioned a few people online, who said a full rotation is 6 hours. So went back at 11 (3 hours later) and the dumb thing still hadn't moved.

I put my hand near the motor and noticed it was really hot. So I pulled the eggs out, marked them and put back in to bake, and then took the turner back to work with me.

When I got to the office I placed a business card with lines drawn parallel to the bars on it and plugged it in. Nothing seemed to happen the first 20-30 mins or so, them all of a sudden it started popping (maybe clicking) every few minutes. Has been doing this for the past hour and half.
It is turning now (YEAH!) but should I be worried about the popping/clicking? It isn't loud or anything, like a loud clock click every time a hand moves. I actually only hear it ever so often now, rather than every few minutes.

So why the heck wasn't it working to begin with? Is there something I need to remove, just needed to run a few cycles to break the plastic in or the eggs weighted it down. What happens when I put the eggs back in?

I'm going to let it run for the rest of the day to see what happens. Just thought I would ask the egg-sperts.
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
Also should the turner tilt to one side, and then the other? How is the pattern suppose to be?

Mine is only going to the left, the flat, then left again.

Thanks for the advice. They said what I experienced is not normal.
New motor is on it's way. Hope it helps someone else with the same issues.

Back
Top Bottom