Hovabator Humidity.

If I run my Hovabator with no water it ranges from 30-40% I am guessing depending on the outside air. Only one day did it go below 30% this week and I put a half sheet of wet papertowel aong the side and the % came back up enough.

the outside air in my bedroom is dry. about 5% ..... but as i said in my original post the humidity varies due to outside changes.

how often have you guys had to fill the first channel( the one for the first 18days)? I seem to need to fill it about every other day. Put my eggs in on saturday and have filled it two times since setup becuase it dried up.

how often have you guys had to fill the first channel( the one for the first 18days)? I seem to need to fill it about every other day. Put my eggs in on saturday and have filled it two times since setup becuase it dried up.
It depends on what my hygrometer reads. I do dry incubation so my humidity during incubation is around 35% more or less. I use a straw and wash bottle and put water in the reservoirs through one of the holes in the lid if needed. I have both LGs and Hova-Bators. This picture is of one of my LGs put the principle is the same.

So, if I wanted to get 55% humidity how many water troughs will I need to reach that humidity? In my hova bator.

At what stage are your eggs? Also may I ask why 55%? I keep my humidity during incubation around 35% and raise it at lockdown. I used to keep my humidity around 50% but found that keeping it lower during incubation, my hatch rate went up.

Well, I currently acquired a doz and a half of geese eggs (diff. Breeds) and I just put them in my hova bator at 12:54 pm (today) and since I don't have a hydrogmeter I am just filling the water troughs as I go along. I filled two of the larger troughs today, before I put the eggs in.

At what stage are your eggs? Also may I ask why 55%? I keep my humidity during incubation around 35% and raise it at lockdown. I used to keep my humidity around 50% but found that keeping it lower during incubation, my hatch rate went up.

Thanks, but I ve started the hatch, but I will for sure purchase that model. But i am wondering if filling the two troughs is the exact equivalent to 55 or even 66% humidity? Then when lockdown happens I ll have to boost the humidity to 80% humidity. So, for 80% humidity will I fill yet another water trough? Plus some absorbent sponges too.

Back
Top Bottom