Hovabator trouble!

Carole AM

Songster
13 Years
Jan 12, 2007
Goshen, Indiana
I am probably killing my eggs! Does anyone else have trouble with their Hovabator? I have a still air with a turner. I thought my temps were okay till yesterday when I had a friend come over & check it. I have an accurite digital thermometer with a humity reading. We just checked it, and it reads 106*F. I KNOW thats too high. I keep trying to regulate, but it won't stay steady! Does this mean my eggs are cooked? Or do I need a new wafer? My friend candled some, and it LOOKED like there was something growing. These are due next week-the 22nd.

PLEASE! I don't want to throw these out too! I have tried to use this bator before and have NOT had a hatch YET!

Well 1st where do you have the Bator?
It has to be in a place where the temp is steady.
Next is your thermometer accurate?
And the Temp does rise the longer you have the eggs in.
106 may not kill them, but be ready for an early hatch.
Hope this helped
PS fill your C trof in your bator, chicks need the humidity to be able to hatch out

The bator is downstairs, where the temps are fairly steady. Just got the thermometer, so I'd think it's pretty accurate. It's been a couple hours, and I think it's pretty close to where it should be temp-wise. It's no longer around 106, more like 100-101, which is where it should be.

Thanks!

Yes, holding steady, finally. But I'm looking into buying a new wafer before doing any more. Yesterday was day 14 for the NNs. I did candle and thought I saw blobs, so at this point I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I really want those little NNs to hatch!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom