Hovabators

mystus808

Songster
9 Years
Jan 15, 2011
Which hovabator is the best for a beginner/amateur and easy to use as well as not over 200$ and holds up to 14 or more? I was originally looking at the 1588 but now have stumble onto the 1602 (which is way cheaper) and one other.

i think anything you can afford that has a turner really... if your room is stable, you don't need anything better than a hovabator, or one of those tiny brinsea bators...

stay away from little giant bators... my friend has one, and he hates it...

I have an Lg and a Hovabator. I use the LG for incubating holds temp very well,but not humidity, so I use the Hovabator it is a 1602 for hatching it holds the humidity much better.

Genessis 1588 is the best

if you are planing to hach poultry or game this is the best bator , dont have to mess with the electronic thermostat

if you plan to hatch reptiles too , than 1602 will be ur best option the wafer thermostat is something to play with

I have both bators 1602 with fan and genessis 1588

the genesis seems to hold temperature ad humidity way better than the 1602

the 1602 needs to be watched more

hope this works

I know you are asking for the hovas but I recomend you to look in to the brinseas

Brinseas are top of the line

Last edited:
i have seen some brinseas but they are pretty pricey.

The 1588 was the original one i was looking at so i guess that is the one i will get.

I will be hatching chickens and maybe ducks in the future.

I have a 1602 & I added a PC fan in it & it does very well, you can get the basic mod. & do that & it will be a lot cheaper compared to buying one already with a fan, either way your looking at $100 with the price of the bator & a turner, best thing to do is build one, I have one made out of a mini fridge & you cant ask for any thing better & have got about $30-40 in it & a lg or hovabator turner fits in it perfect. oh & i wouldn't have anything else but a wafer thermostat.

Back
Top Bottom