How and where for shots

crj

Songster
10 Years
Dec 17, 2009
Rocky Point, NC
Hi,
I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I have to give my rooster a shot everyday but I don't know where to give it. I was told in the blood feather and another time in the breast.

If you have a picture I would love to see how it's done. I can view a video since I sadly have dial-up. Thanks in advance.

I do not have photos, but there is a good video on Youtube...however I guess you said you cannot view it?
When I gave mine a shot, I had 2 ppl to do this (one to hold and 1 to do injection). there are several areas you can give it.... I suggest the back of the neck or the Breast. Make sure you clean the area with alcohol pad Before doing so. If doing it on back of neck, make sure you do not go in so deep that you go through the other side.
If giving on the Breast area...Lay chicken on its side.... Feel for the pointy Breast bone that sticks out on it underside. You can give it to them on either side of that Breast bone.
I do not suggest giving it in the leg (all though many do)...because if you hit a nerve, then they will have issues with walking.
Hope this helps, and Best Wishes,
Laura

Back
Top Bottom