How cold is it at your chicken house today ?

Yep, I think we made it as low as the '60s.
smile.png
Somehow, the '90s don't seem so bad when you know it'll get cooler in the morning.

I love these cool days , it makes me stay outside too long ,70's today 40's at night . Our girls just got their feathers back in time for the cool nights. I'm shelling the last of the butterbeans today and tomorrow, this is the last of the summer garden except for the okra that has a few more weeks. Ya'll enjoy these nice days winter is coming fast.

In the 50s now. Supposed to down to the low 40s. I'm going to bring my plants in. Last time they said 40 it frosted in my yard.

Supposed to be a low of 30 tonight, it's currently about 44. Coop windows are all still open. I can't have chickens that think 30 is cold!

It's my first year with chickens - their feet were cold but I was really surprised how warm their bodies were when they went to roost! Hopefully they'll do well in the winter up here.

Cool start but it warmed up to 79*.... The girls are loving the cooler weather.. I guess they were as tired of 100* days as I was...

Back
Top Bottom