How cold is it?

From SW Kansas: **** cold! We got our first Winter storm of the season. Sleet, 25 mh winds, and already 1/2 inch on the ground, Yuck!
This is my flock's first Winter and they are NOT happy about it LOL!
rant.gif
They stood at the door to the coop and demanded breakfast be fed indoors today!!!!! They will be getting treats throughout the day since I am home. I have noticed that frequent yummys keep them from going stir crazy when they are stuck inside.

What Winter treats to your birds love?

No chickies for us yet, but we have our coop standing and almost finished. So spring time we'll be looking for our first batch. We're hoping to find some chantecler chicks :)
The ponies however got an extra scoop of sweet feed!

Last edited:
It was about 13F last night. It was 19F the day before and never got above freezing (31F). Brrr. My chooks for the most part couldn't care less except for a couple of my really badly moulting BRXes. Poor girls look COLD and spent most of the day in the minicoop (an old dog house I put out for extra hawk/wind protection.

What is Grey Cup?
It's the Canadian football league's supper bowl. It's a really big deal for the Saskatchewan team, (Rough Riders) because this year they have a chance to win the cup for the first time in their own stadium. They've never won it at home and the last couple times the team has made it to cup they came home empty handed. Should be a really good game!

It's the Canadian football league's supper bowl. It's a really big deal for the Saskatchewan team, (Rough Riders) because this year they have a chance to win the cup for the first time in their own stadium. They've never won it at home and the last couple times the team has made it to cup they came home empty handed. Should be a really good game!
Well that explains it.....I'm not much of a sports fan LOL!

Back
Top Bottom