Maybe a better question (for what I was trying to ask) is what do you think makes a good breeder?

And/or what makes a breeding quality quail?

And how would you tell which overseas breeders are good? And/or quail from overseas?
I think a good breeder is one who specializes in good genetics like good egg laying, a minimum expected lifespan of 1.5 yrs, and preferably trying to breed true to color(s). I was considering trying to find recommended oversea breeders that Coturnix Corner mentioned and other good rated breeders and/or hatcheries.
I am uncertain if I will actually do this in the future but decided to ask here. Do you have any recommendations or tips? Thank you for your time and patience.

Sorry, I was curious in general about why people do what they do. I haven't considered quail much beyond I'd like to try them someday, so just a little poking into that world.

I don't have much tips other than starting with the laws like someone else said.

And, maybe, the shorter the generation time frame and the less extreme breeding programs have been so for, the easier it is to see progress toward your breeding goals and/or it makes less difference where you start.

Let us know what you learn

Sorry, I was curious in general about why people do what they do. I haven't considered quail much beyond I'd like to try them someday, so just a little poking into that world.

I don't have much tips other than starting with the laws like someone else said.

And, maybe, the shorter the generation time frame and the less extreme breeding programs have been so for, the easier it is to see progress toward your breeding goals and/or it makes less difference where you start.

Let us know what you learn
If you would like a recommendation for good priced quail breeder I recommend MyShire Farms. They may take some months before you get them but they are by I've read good quail and they are every cheap to buy. I have some baby quail from him and they're doing great. I will post what I learn on here, thank you @saysfaa

I'm not a quail person, but in my experience, a comparatively few poultry people are online. I would not base your breeding search by what you can find online. When I was seeking my Jersey Giants, only two websites really came up. When I joined the national club, I received a copy of the breeder's directory which had an astonishing number of breeders all over the country. Attending poultry shows, swaps, and club meetings can network you to others. They may not have what you're looking for, but may know someone who does.

Good luck in your search!

Back
Top Bottom