How do chickens mate?

Quote:
Huh! I learn something new every day!!!
wink.png

Quote:
This is why if you want good fertilization rates for hatching eggs, you should take your husbands' beard trimmers and shave around the vents of hens and roosters that have heavily-feathered, fluffy rear ends; otherwise, adequate contact may not be made.

Last edited:
Quote:
This is why if you want good fertilization rates for hatching eggs, you should take your husbands' beard trimmers and shave around the vents of hens and roosters that have heavily-feathered, fluffy rear ends; otherwise, adequate contact may not be made.

I have never shaved my chicken's rear ends and almost every egg I open appears fertile. I can't imagine shaving their rear ends. Sounds kinda not too nice of a thing to do to a chicken.

chickensducks&agoose :

Okay, honestly, I find that disturbing, and really, un-romantic...

Hehehe, have you ever considered what it would sound like to write out the "mechanics" of human mating? Not all too romantic there, either. Yet... we like it. :p LOL!

Quote:
lol.png
I may plant a few feathers on my husband's trimmer now, just to get the effect.
lol.png

Quote:
Hehehe, have you ever considered what it would sound like to write out the "mechanics" of human mating? Not all too romantic there, either. Yet... we like it. :p LOL!

Quote:
lol.png
I may plant a few feathers on my husband's trimmer now, just to get the effect.
lol.png

As long as you're at it, take two straight cuts up with his trimmer on each side of your silkies' eyes so that they can see.

I once watched two box turtles mating. Think about that one for a minute. Due to the immovable objects (shells) the male turtle has to stick his feet into the leg openings of the female's shell, and scoot the back end of his shell under her. Poor guy is left with nowhere to put his front legs, except waving in the air.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom