How do I dub an old english game bantam

The Breaker

Songster
8 Years
I was wandering if some one could show me how to dub a rooster I may have to do it for a freind if some one could give me a video that would be great.Thank you
big_smile.png

Well, this is the best video I could find on the web in such a short time. The one I really wanted a link to I couldn't get to load; others were not even decent representations of true dubbing (dull scissors, etc). Even these scissors are a little dull in my opinion, the ones we use you can snip the wattles/ears (and combs off most of the time) in one go.

But, here is a link:

The flour works, but is not necessary; dub on cool days, colder the better and preferably a little before dark so they settle down and don't bleed so much. Sugar works in place of flour, some people even use a feather. You don't have to use that much flour either, just a little.

For Old English Game Bantams, you want to dub the comb about a 1/4 inch above the head in a smooth round look; the bird will have a line in his comb you can follow.

God bless,
Daniel.

PS. An article on dubbing, go to the tips section.

http://cmtk3.webring.org/l/rd?ring=poultry;id=77;url=http://www.freewebs.com/cajunyankee/index.htm

Last edited:
It usally bleed very little if not at all. The only blood that comes out is just whats already in the comb,wattles or earlobes. Its nothing to worry about it dosent really hurt them either.

I am just starting to show my OEGBs and is there a diagram of how the comb is supposed to look after it has been dubbed?

Well I would advise you to not do your best bird first haha. If you look at the cocks comb you will see a natural line running through it cut along this line and you will be fine make sure to leave 1/4" to 1/2" on the top. Heres one I did a few days ago.
be sure to use sharp sciccors and alchol to keep it from getting infected. You can also use flour to stop any bleeding if needed

Back
Top Bottom