How do I get rid of mite eggs with out pulling out the feathers?

Turkey Girl

Songster
5 Years
Feb 18, 2019
I have a bantam mixed-breed rooster with mite eggs all over his belly. I looked him over for any live mites and there were none. I dusted him, but I don't know how to get rid of the eggs. I read that people would pull the feathers, but there are too many to pull. Does anyone know of another way to get rid of the eggs? Thanks.

an old remedy is to wash the area with carbolic soap, if you can find it these days. Or cut off the infected feathers as close to the skin as possible - but be careful not to cut the skin!

Are you sure they are not lice eggs? Usually if you dust or spray with permethrin at 7 day intervals, it will kill the lice and the newly hatched eggs before they can mature and lay more eggs. So you don’t have to remove them. Dawg53 has posted before about using coconut oil on the eggs to smother them. These eggs below are lice eggs:
1588012417761.jpeg

Are you sure they are not lice eggs? Usually if you dust or spray with permethrin at 7 day intervals, it will kill the lice and the newly hatched eggs before they can mature and lay more eggs. So you don’t have to remove them. Dawg53 has posted before about using coconut oil on the eggs to smother them. These eggs below are lice eggs:
View attachment 2110875
That is exactly what they are! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom