How do I go on lock down?

Fabiola

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 28, 2012
Bernalillo, NM.
I am about to got to lack down in 2 days, but I have some questions since I never have done it before, I have a Genesis 1588, and I suppose to take the eggs out of the turner, do I set them on the wire screen, or how do I do this?

You take then out of the turner. You can place them in egg cartons with the bottom of the carton cups cut out to allow air flow OR you can use paper cups cut down to almost the bottom of the cup and put the eggs in them (these methods are used to prevent chicken soccer when babies hatch) OR ypu can simply put the eggs on the screen. Its your choice. I have seen it done many ways theres not much of a right or a wrong as long as the babies cant get stuck or hurt on anythibg. Good luck

You take then out of the turner. You can place them in egg cartons with the bottom of the carton cups cut out to allow air flow OR you can use paper cups cut down to almost the bottom of the cup and put the eggs in them (these methods are used to prevent chicken soccer when babies hatch) OR ypu can simply put the eggs on the screen. Its your choice. I have seen it done many ways theres not much of a right or a wrong as long as the babies cant get stuck or hurt on anythibg. Good luck
I was trhinking in letting them in the turner, after disconnecting the turner of course, I am not sure is this is a good idea.

No because they can fall out n get hurt or jump and touch the element because the turner is high out fall between the turner plates. So I would remove it.

Back
Top Bottom