How do I revive my hen from heat exhaustion and dehydration

I wish I could help. I can only suggest try putting her in a cool place and giving her some water with a syringe. Maybe that will help if it's not too late.

Get to a farm supply store,feed store or pet shop ASAP and get the electrolytes you mix in their water. Mix up a batch and make sure it's good cooll water. Keep it fresh and cool. That will help replenish her system.

Larry

I moved to a cooler place and put ice on and around her. She doesn't move unless to douse her with water, and then only to crawl a inch or two. I don't have syringe.

Having the ice around her and cooler area will help but she really needs to drink plenty of water to get over the dehydration. The electrolytes I mentioned work similar to Gatorade for someone working or playing sports. Everyone should have a stash of electrolytes and vitamins on hand for emergencies(helps when you have sick chickens too).

Larry

I would try giving gatorade now and have a family member rush off to supply store. If you don't have a syringe try dripping beak into the gatorade. My chickens love gatorade. Wishing you well

Keep us posted.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom