how do i scare the crows but not my chickens

Crows scare off hawks
Excellent-Reply-farmer-conn.gif

Maybe not scare them but lead them away from your property. Pick some random neighbor and decorate the back of their yard with corn on the cob and grain and get outta town fast.;)

I got some small rolls of Holographic rainbow bird tape at Walmart, clearance marked $ 1.00 Have a robin that kept sitting on my mailbox and pooping on it from one end to another. Got tired of that - I wrapped a little of the tape around the top of the post.
It's been a week now and no more poop on the mailbox. I am thinking this is a victory.

This is going to sound odd but crows are very smart put out a puzzle feeder for the crows away from your animals. We had a crow eats the feed problem a few years back... I used a pop bottle full of grain with a small hole cut in the side and made sure the crows saw me hang it up after they started going to that feed spot I made another bottle with a smaller hole and kept making the hole smaller weekly until they had to use tools like a stick to get the food out. They were fun to watch and it gave me enough time to let the dogs out to run them off.

Feed them, yes I know that is what you're trying not to do lol! But seriously put out kitchen scraps and let them see you do it they'll fill up on those and leave your chicken food alone. Crows love scraps of people food. As has been stated you really don't want them gone, they're very handy.:)

Back
Top Bottom