How do i sex an albino budgie?

Quavo

Songster
Apr 10, 2023
I have an albino budgie named Chester, and I don't know what's it's sex. I have a hen named Kiwi.

Should I wait for them to be old enough to mate or should I study their behavior?

Attachments

• 20221121_191354.jpg
    20221121_191354.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 46
You want the gender of the white one, right? I can't see from that picture, sorry. You want to look at the colour of the cere above the beak. In Albinos the normal colours for all other female budgies apply. For male Albinos it will not be the normal blue, it'll be a pinkish colour.

They seem like a male,
You want the gender of the white one, right? I can't see from that picture, sorry. You want to look at the colour of the cere above the beak. In Albinos the normal colours for all other female budgies apply. For male Albinos it will not be the normal blue, it'll be a pinkish colour.
Oh, than It is a male, correct? They have a pinkish cere

They seem like a male,

Oh, than It is a male, correct? They have a pinkish cere
I can't say for sure without seeing :)
I'm sorry, I'm new to albinos
It's wise to make sure you actually have an Albino, there are a couple other colour mutations that are mistaken for albino often. Does you budgie have red eyes?
I have a question, are male albinos more vocal and friendly?
I'd say no. Colour does not effect personality, being a boy does generally means more vocal but not necessarily more friendly. Every bird is different :)

Back
Top Bottom