how do I tell which eggs were the frozen ones?

maxandruby

Chirping
13 Years
Feb 8, 2007
blmfld, NY
big_smile.png
Max finally will be a Daddy! if all goes well. Ruby is at day 15 on the nest. Barb takes over sometimes, and Max sits on the eggs with Ruby. Not sure if that is normal but hey i'm not so why should my chickens. Okay the question I have is we had a cold snap up here just before Ruby decided to go broody. I had left eggs in coop because they froze. And planned on taking them out later. then Ruby decided she would sit on the nest. well after two weeks plus a day of a hen sitting on them they must be pretty ripe. How do I tell which ones have hopefully chicks inside vs ones that froze? I know to have mag light and dark room. but what will I "see' at this stage of the game in the fertile eggs and what won't I see in the prevously frozen eggs? or should I just leave them all alone ?

At two weeks you should definatly see chicks if they've developed. The infertile or frozen eggs should look clear.

thanks for the help. just wanted to be sure they would be clear still at this stage if not developing. Would be so sad if I threw out a good one. I pulled out clear ones yesterday and today. so at this point I have six with dark centers so if all continues next week should be the begining of chick week!!!! will post baby pictures.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom