How do yall hatch call duck eggs?

Aw ok, yes there must be something happening there..as my call duck embryo's died at that stage as well because the eggs were from a brother and sister pair, which I didn't know at the time, and the eggs still did develop (all 24 eggs) until day 23-25 and then poof..all died!! Are you sure that the ducks you have are not related? Maybe you could use a broody hen or different breed of duck to incubate the eggs?? Either way, I hope you have better luck with your incubation :)

Aw ok, yes there must be something happening there..as my call duck embryo's died at that stage as well because the eggs were from a brother and sister pair, which I didn't know at the time, and the eggs still did develop (all 24 eggs) until day 23-25 and then poof..all died!! Are you sure that the ducks you have are not related? Maybe you could use a broody hen or different breed of duck to incubate the eggs?? Either way, I hope you have better luck with your incubation :)

What was your temp and Humidity at on day 23? are you using air or still? and did you have them in a turner upright? Because duck eggs do 10x better laying down. I don't know why my theory is because they are bigger, they grow faster, not sure if that really is a true theory though. LOL

But I have tried many many different ways and laying down is where I got the best results..

Last edited:
My temp from day 1 to day 24 was at 37.7 oC and then was brought down to 37.2 oC on day 25 onwards...but I only had this problem with hatching once because the eggs were from related parents but then I knew because of my hatching results and got a new drake to bring a new bloodline in and I set new eggs in the incubator and they all hatched..my incubator works perfectly with all other duck breeds and with my call ducks as well now..it just depends on the quality of the eggs that I put into it..and yes they are in a tilting tray point down in the incubator..I usually let them cool for 10 mins and spray a mist of lukewarm water on them everyday after day 10 and until day 24..and then place them on a hatching tray in the last 3 days of incubation..that seems to work well for me
big_smile.png

My temp from day 1 to day 24 was at 37.7 oC and then was brought down to 37.2 oC on day 25 onwards...but I only had this problem with hatching once because the eggs were from related parents but then I knew because of my hatching results and got a new drake to bring a new bloodline in and I set new eggs in the incubator and they all hatched..my incubator works perfectly with all other duck breeds and with my call ducks as well now..it just depends on the quality of the eggs that I put into it..and yes they are in a tilting tray point down in the incubator..I usually let them cool for 10 mins and spray a mist of lukewarm water on them everyday after day 10 and until day 24..and then place them on a hatching tray in the last 3 days of incubation..that seems to work well for me :D

How many days are you giving calls? They only need 26 days..

Yes I know, but my call ducks eggs can take anywhere from 26-28 days to hatch so I allow for that fluctuation..and sometimes I add in the call eggs after a day or two of incubating larger duck breeds as well...

Today I candeled my call duck eggs in the incubator. It has been three days since I put them in, and they are starting to develope blood vessels. I am glad to know that they are fertile. Hopefully they will continue to develope and hatch.

Today I candeled my call duck eggs in the incubator. It has been three days since I put them in, and they are starting to develope blood vessels. I am glad to know that they are fertile. Hopefully they will continue to develope and hatch.

Three days you must have a great candler usually you can't see life until they are about five to seven days then all of a sip udder boom. There they are, lol. They aren't quite like chickens where you can see them right away.

I have 18 call eggs in my incubator right now, first time. Can you give me some quick tips and techniques that have worked for you? I have read they are notoriously hard to hatch, plus they were shipped. Thanks in advance for your time. Im new to hatching and its become somewhat of an addiction, i feel so robbed after waiting impatiently for 28 days and then having eggs not hatch.

Back
Top Bottom