How Do Y'all Keep Your Duck Pool Clean Longer?

wow! It only take 2 hours? I'd love that!
I only have 4 ducks and a drake. The reason it lasts two hours is that the K/C starts splashing and it scares the others so bad they panic. Fly out, jump out, trip and fall into the dirt bill fist they just have to get out when she does her thing. This happens two or three times before they settle down.

Mine lasts 2 hrs because the gander gets in first takes him about an hr to do his thing then my goose gets in after him. Once they are through it's brown in no time. Ducks are standing around chaffing at the bit to get those dirt and mud filled bills in there.

I only have 4 ducks and a drake. The reason it lasts two hours is that the K/C starts splashing and it scares the others so bad they panic. Fly out, jump out, trip and fall into the dirt bill fist they just have to get out when she does her thing. This happens two or three times before they settle down.
It takes my 11 about 15 minutes to dirty up their crystal clear pool

My ducks stand and watch me clean the pool. When the fountain turns on, they sprint for the pool, stick their mud-filled bills in, take a huge drink, then jump in and proceed to poop. An hour's worth of cleaning and filling undone in 5 minutes. LOL

Then, the Muscovy sisters get in and take a 45 minute bath, displacing about 3 inches of water that has to be refilled...

When I lived in So. California we had ducks and geese. Each had their own pools; a small kiddie pool for the ducks and a larger pool for the geese. As you might imagine after a few days (especially in the summer) they would get rather - uh - 'ripe'. However we also had a vegetable garden so I would just siphon the water from the pools to the garden.

We had enough vegetables to feed ourselves and both our neighbors and never spent a dime on fertilizer!

Last edited:
If I put this in the pool, it will stay clean. They will not go near it
It takes my 11 about 15 minutes to dirty up their crystal clear pool

Attachments

• 8AE1AF4E-24BC-405D-A5D1-4A11413F552B.jpeg
    8AE1AF4E-24BC-405D-A5D1-4A11413F552B.jpeg
    376.1 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom