How do you cook mushrooms

Ooooh - I wonder if that seller is at our farmer's market over on this side. Don't think I've ever seen him. I looooove mushrooms.

You can also take the portabellas and marinate them in an oil and vinegar salad dressing (like Bernsteins) and then throw them on the bbq - yuuuummmyyy!!!

droolin.gif
. . . mushrooms!!!!!
My favorite food on the planet.
saute in a mix of olive oil and butter, with some garlic and white wine. Or red wine. Or skip the wine. Mushrooms are so perfect they don't need anything else
big_smile.png
. One time my BF made me a whole pound, and I ate the whole bowl! He's so sweet.
love.gif

How come I never heard of morels till I moved to Missouri? They are good I just flour them and freeze them laid out straight then put them in ziplock bag in freezer til we fry and eat them!Yummy!

I put mushrooms in everything I cook almost. Meats for sure. Salads for sure. We eat lots of baby portabellas, like daily. I love mushrooms. I think my family as aquired a taste for them now but they are soooo good.

Fried mushrooms MMMmmmm

One of my favorite dishes to make with mushrooms is chicken or turkey a la king:

saute up about a pint of mushrooms and one diced onion in butter. Add 1 can of cream of mushroom soup (or make your own with all those mushrooms!) and 1 block of cream cheese. Stir until smooth. Add 1/4 c of sherry/red wine and 1/2 cup of water. Stir. Add about 2 cups of diced chicken or turkey and 1/2 a bag of frozen peas. Add s+p to taste. Cook until desired consistency (can add more water if it gets too thick). Serve over puff pastry shells (in the frozen section at the grocery store). Yummmmm...

Quote:
The one I am talking about is Sunday morning @ 8th and W streets, underneath Highway 80
Hours: 8 a.m. to noon, open all year But I think I remember you are in Citrus Heights?

If so go to the one at Sunrise Mall on Saturday morning 8-12. It's behind Sears in the parking lot. That's the one my Mom shops at. Make sure you get some of the olive oil too... its SOOOOO good!

Nancy

I haven't tried this but I saw it on the Internet

1/2 lb mushrooms, diced
2 shallot or 1/2 med onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 Tbs olive oil
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
pinch of parsley and thyme
S/P to taste
wonton wrappers

Heat olive oil on med heat. Add onion and garlic and saute for 1 min. Add mushrooms, saute for 5 mins until they are dark brown and no liquid is in the pan. Put mixture in a bowl stir in thyme, S/P, and half the Parm. cheese.
Place a spoon full of mushroom mix in center of wonton wrapper. Brush with water or egg around the edge of wrapper and fold over to make a triangle. press to seal edges.
Drop ravioli in boiling water for 2 mins. Drain. Toss with the rest of cheese and parsley.

Back
Top Bottom