how do you get rid of telemarketers?

Quote:
Like this.... img/smilies/lau.gif" alt="lau" />">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh4EPcOpSy8

gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually answer, ask their name, name of their company, their phone number, what time it is in their area, and then ask them if they knew this number is listed on the do not call list, usually they apologize and hang up real fast.That is if it's one of my good days, IF they happen to call on one of my bad days, I have a very sharp loud whistle (spelling) and it works real good.
gig.gif
marrie

We had a very persistant insurance group calling us every night at dinner time about 10 years ago. One night we were having a Halloween party and one of their people called. One of our nutty friends got on the phone and not only listened to the guy's whole spiel, he asked questions. Then he confessed he wasn't my husband, that he was a party guest who happened to be dressed as Goofy and the bean dip at the party was really awesome, the guy should really drive on up and join us. The salesman started laughing so hard we could hear him through the phone. They didn't call again for years. Now we're on the no call list and we only get calls from companies we've done business with. If I don't want their calls I just tell them I'm making an official request to be removed from the call list and so far that has worked.

I know someone who worked in telemarketing. If your rude or hang up chances are they will just put you back in a que to be called again. Tell them to remove you from their call list. If they call again ask them for their company name and info because you already requested to be removed, that usually works for those because they dont want to get sued for you reporting them. Also sign up for the do not call list, you can usually find a like to that on your states website.

If they ask for my husband I tell them he isn't up for parole yet ( he's usually sitting right next to me )

if it's offering me a credit card etc I get all excited and tell them that is awesome and ask how much is my limit. I explain how happy I am because I just declared bankruptcy and this will help me so much.

Back
Top Bottom