How do you introduce ducks?

Carole AM

Songster
13 Years
Jan 12, 2007
Goshen, Indiana
Will it be the same as chickens? I want to put my young call in with my mature East Indie. They both seem mellow, and I don't have the space to keep them separated.

When I introduced my ducks to the babies...it went great...I just took some chicken wire..made a very small round pen...put the baby in there for like an hr....the other came running over, wanting to mother the baby. I waited about an hr of them talking through the fence, and then just let it out...but watched them. The older duck ran over...they talked..and walked off together. Was alot easier than chickens!

good info justusnak, I was entertaining the idea of getting some ducks but not sure how it would go. All I have is two guineas and five grown chickens, my chicks are all two weeks old and was wondering about putting ducklings in with the chicks?

OOOps--I kinda forgot about this thread! My ducks are doing great together- the call follows the east Indie EVERYWHERE! I think the call is a boy. too. Sice then, I even added one more! Here's some pics:

Here they are in my pond

My new crested duckling

woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom