How do you keep lice off permanently from your chickens?

After picking them up at a show I used every product that I was told would work and almost killed my birds from too many poisons that did not work . The answer is Frontline 4 to 5 drops for Bantams 5 to 7 drops for LF or anywhere close under wings on back of neck do not put near oil gland or vent.
But ya can't eat the eggs or the chicken for how long I have no idea but they will still hatch!

Once a month and it takes about 2 months to be mite free!!!!!

Last edited:
My birds have never had lice, except for the one adult bird I've ever bought-he came loaded with them. Dusted him and his bedding with DE and no more lice. Make a powder puff with one of a pair of knee high hose and DE, tie it off, and powder under both wings and around the tush in the "petticoats". Sprinkle it lightly in every nestbox, too, and from time to time, change for fresh straw and re-dust the nest. That should do it for the birds. For the coop itself, clean it out completely and get some spray Orange Guard natural bug killer to spray in all cracks and crevices, especially around the roosts. It smells nice and won't harm the birds--ACE hardware carries it and if they are out, they will order it for you. I got more today.

Thank you! I was feeling like I would drown in all the parasites! My birdies thank you!
big_smile.png

I just picked up some DE, figured I would dust a little inside the coop, but any suggestions as to what to do in the run? Someone said make a box for them mixed with sand and they will dust in it. Others say manually dust them yourself, yet others say sprinkle all around the run. ?????
lol.png

Quote:
I have never heard of Orange guard?
Do you know if anywhere else sells this? All of our Ace Hardwares have been wiped off the face of NH.(at least in my area).

Back
Top Bottom