How do you know when to worm your chickens?

I'm not sure I was buying some DE at feed store and it looked just like the laying pellet feed but in a small blue bag with yellow writing. I will see if I can find picture and post it

It's like this

I'm going to pick some up. I just like to keep them healthy
I don't medicate unless I know it's absolutely necessary and know exactly what needs treating with what chemical.
Preventative application of chemicals can create resistance, rendering the medication ineffective.
Some folks living in southern regions of the US find it necessary to do regular medicating because of lack of a killing cold season.

I don't medicate unless I know it's absolutely necessary and know exactly what needs treating with what chemical.
Preventative application of chemicals can create resistance, rendering the medication ineffective. 
Some folks living in southern regions of the US find it necessary to do regular medicating because of lack of a killing cold season.
. Sounds like a good idea I don't want to make them resistant to the medication

It depends; that's the best answer I can give. Some folks need to worm twice annually, and some not. As you have chickens for a longer time on the same ground, parasites may build up. There may be damp ground, a pond, infected wild birds, whatever. Running fecals to the vet occasionally will help, and watching for the mites and lice matters too. Mary

Back
Top Bottom