CoyoteMagic

RIP ?-2014
12 Years
Apr 20, 2007
only the shadow knows.....
I've been more or less in hiding. Not really wanting to talk to anyone. Just
wanting to be left with my memories.

My dear love, Lurchie is so heart broken. His tears tear at my heart. He didn't
want pets. "What are we going to do with a dog?" He opened he door tonight as he
came in from work as usual and started crying yet again. Bright eyes, smiling
face and nubbytail all over the place was not in her usual place to greet him.
Always asking what more could he have done to save her,nothing Lurchie.

I hear her shifting in her spot by door. On the edge of sleep it's the
tippy,tippy, tippy of her nails across the kitchen floor. Always waiting for the
bark that does not come. Can't go anywhere without people asking, "Where's
Spook?" Tears flow, again, and again.

How do you mend this broken heart? I have trouble breathing. I don't eat. I
don't sleep. I keep looking for her as I head out the door. Flip the seat
forward in the truck to let her in. All actions done a thousand times. Not
needing to be done anymore.

We want someone in our life. A ball of speckled blue fur, big bat-ears and a
silly smile.

If she is waiting, is it too soon to go get her? Her the one that needs US as
much as we NEED HER? Or do we wait, Wait for another one to come along that
isn't quiet the right one to heal our ache.

Do I wait? or try to bring her home?

LADY.jpg

LADY2.jpg

LADY3.jpg

LADY4.jpg

Last edited:
hugs.gif

When my dog died, getting another dog right away was helpful in healing that empty place inside. When my husband's dog died, he waited about 7 months before he felt ready again and he carefully picked out a really great dog from a shelter.

There's no telling when is the right time, so you just have to follow your heart.
hugs.gif

I was just thinking this morning, "how many times can my heart break?" when remembering some of my dear fur / feather kids I've lost, and I come back with the answer "at least one more..." Only you can decide when the time is right, but please decide to open your heart one more time. There are so many deserving animals out there who need a forever home.
hugs.gif

It took me seven years to mend a broken heart after the death of my baby. And even after seven years I made a wrong decision. I bought a dog that resembled the dog that died. That was a mistake. A new dog will always be "not like" the old one, and the dead dog will always win. Although I love my new dog very much, I feel guilty that I don't love her as much as I loved the one that died.

From experience, when you are ready to get a new dog, get a completely different breed. That way you are at least will not be making unfair comparisons.
hugs.gif

Lady Blue is at the Texas CattleDog Rescue. She is deaf and in need of someone who can handle her special needs. I've never had a deaf dog before. I have 3 semi-blind kitties, though someone needs to tell them they are suppose to be blind, lol.

My dear Spook had separation anxiety after being dump as a puppy. She grew to be the most awesome dog.

I know LadyBlue won't take Spook's place in my heart. Nothing ever will. But maybe she can wiggle herself right up there next to her.

Bless your heart, Coyote. I read where you had lost your baby and didn't know how to respond.
I will tell you of my very recent experience:
My 16 year old doxie had been declining in recent years, but refused to give up. He had been suffering from kidney disease/early kidney failure for a while, but the vet felt like he had quality of life which was all that mattered to me.
In early April(this year) I could tell he was tired of fighting and feeling bad so I made the decision to let him go-I, much as you are, was heartbroken. I constantly listened for the sound of his toenails clicking down the hallway or just hear his sighing as he laid in his bed at my feet. The void was huge.
One Saturday morning there was a knock at my front door and my sister was carrying a 10 week old male doxie with all new things I would need for his care. While he hasn't replaced my Bozwell, he has made his own spot in my heart and I absolutely adore him.
love.gif

That is a very abridged version of a very emotional time for me, but I just wanted to let you know that I am sorry for your loss and that while a new dog cannot fill the space in your heart where Spook will always reside, it will wriggle it's way in next to that spot and you will smile again at the new one's antics! As I type, my new baby is laying on the couch next to me playing with a toy and just a few minutes ago, I stepped away from my computer only to come back and find that he had done a search looking for 77777777(he stepped on the keyboard
lol.png
).

LadyBlue will help you mend that broken heart. No new addition to the family will ever take the place of one who has gone, but loving a new family member will honor the one you loved before, and will always love and carry in your heart. You may have to adapt a new style of training using hand signals, but I am confident you're up to the challenge! Use vibration & light to get her attention inside (tap the floor with a broom handle or your foot, or flick the lights if she's awake. Maybe even use a laser pointer as a training tool).
smile.png

hugs.gif

Words won't help, I wish I could be there to give you a hug. (of course, we're a hugging sort of family)

Surround yourself with beauty and look between the crevices for things that may otherwise be missed. The beauty of dawn brings me comfort, though I still treasure the velvet darkness at times... these are not meaningless platitudes for me, they are my own thoughts that I live by so I truly hope you don't take them as fluff or nonsense... though a little nonsense here and there is a good thing too.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom