How do you store your feed/scratch?

Hello. I am looking for ideas for storing my feed/scratch. I currently keep all feed/scratch in our feed/tack room which is in our basement through an outside door. We have some mice friends getting into it. What do you use that works? Metal trash cans? Plastic feed containers? Thanks in advance.
I keep a bag of feed and a bag of scratch in separate metal trash cans with lids. This keeps everything out!

Another vote for locking metal trash cans. I keep them in the basement of our house, where the temperature and humidity are stable. I made the mistake of storing feed in a metal trash bin outside - never again! It sweated buckets and everything inside got wet. No sweating problems at all once I moved all feed/scratch/seed to the basement.

Hello. I am looking for ideas for storing my feed/scratch. I currently keep all feed/scratch in our feed/tack room which is in our basement through an outside door. We have some mice friends getting into it. What do you use that works? Metal trash cans? Plastic feed containers? Thanks in advance.
I use the big black plastic containers with yellow lids sold by Walmart and others with the lid that shuts down tightly. they will hold about 150lbs of food and mice cannot get in when the lid is tight.

I use both, metal trash cans and plastic trash containers with lids.
Wish I had pics to show you.

Went out to Home Depot and got a metal trash bin. Works perfect as we had problems with rats beforehand.

Plastic containers - never keep them in Plastic bags, they will heat up and spoil the feed.

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for all the replies. I was able to get 4 metal trash cans with lids at Walmart this week. They were a bit cheaper there than at Tractor Supply but were the same ones/brand. I used 1 for chicken feed, 1 for chicken scratch, 1 for cat food, and 1 for the actual trash since those are the bags that the mice seemed to get into the most. I didn't put my sheep hay pellets in one just yet because I'm not convinced the mice are eating that yet. When we find hoards of food stashed away in the basement, it's always feed, scratch, and cat food. I appreciate all the feedback!

Back
Top Bottom