How do you tell an african gosling from a toulouse gosling?

farmwife76

In the Brooder
12 Years
Mar 24, 2007
My local farm store has goslings in, but they case assorted and no one knows the difference. I have looked at pics, but can't tell a way to tell them apart.

The toulouse goose will have an orange bill. The African a black one. The black bill could possibly have a bit of pink/organe at the end, but will be mostly black.

Sorry if my reply is too late!!! I'm not a goose expert, but I do know that Toulouse goslings look similar to African goslings!!! You can tell the difference, but barely! The Toulouse gosling will have a smaller beak (in width) than an African of the same age. My Toulouse gosling was in with a bunch of African goslings when I got her and they looked sooo much alike! Also, I noticed that her (my Toulouse) feet were lighter in color (just slightly). Like that African's had black and Toulous had a dark gray..........
idunno.gif
Hope it helped if it's not tooo late lol!!!

Quote:
You are welcome!!! You should ask them if Toulouse geese should be together in pairs when you go to pick yours up. I only say that because when I bought mine the other day, the people at the feed store said she would be ok by herself. She was the only Toulouse, but they had some African's and they only sold the African's in pairs. And now fellow PP's are telling me that geese should always be in pairs... I don't know how many you plan on getting, but I just thought I'd share that bit of info with you!!! You should post pics after you get you new babies!!!... Good Luck!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom