How do you use BYC? Quick quiz - please take!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TM Chickens

Songster
11 Years
Mar 3, 2008
Alabama
Hello everyone! I've got a few simple questions about how folks use the various features of BYC. If you could take a few minutes to answer this, it would be much appreciated. (There might even be a prize or two!
wink.png
)

When viewing the list of forums on the main page, how important is seeing the number of posts in that forum? If it's important to you, please explain why.
tongue.png

When viewing the list of threads, do you need to know who wrote the original post in a topic? Is seeing the number of pages in each topic important to you? How about the time and author of the latest post in a topic? Number of responses?

Once you get around to reading a thread, what info do you want to be able to see about each person who posted a message? Username, avatar, title, from, date registered, number of posts, online/offline, realname, etc... And why?

How often do you use the following features: recent posts, unanswered posts, unread posts, subscribed topics, list of your posts... Do you ever use the "users online" list?

If you were accessing BYC from your phone, would this change any of your requirements? If so, please explain.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
prizes. what kind of prizes?

if you say brownies you might get a few more responses I gather.
caf.gif

When viewing the list of threads, do you need to know who wrote the original post in a topic?
It is not important
although if I see a thread by someone I know
I am usually more likely to have a look

Is seeing the number of pages in each topic important to you?
I would say yes
a long topic I usually am less eager to join in on
because it means having to read more pages

Once you get around to reading a thread, what info do you want to be able to see about each person who posted a message?
just basically what is there already

How often do you use the following features: recent posts, unanswered posts, unread posts, subscribed topics, list of your posts... Do you ever use the "users online" list?
Do not even know what half of them are
tongue.png

I get by
would not say they were absoilutely necessary

good enough?

It's not that important really.

Yes, sometimes I need to know who started for different reasons usually. Yes because I like to know what was discussed already. Yes, so I dont revive a dead thread. No.

I want to see if they answered. Sometime's because usually New Eggs dont know as much as somebody with more posts. No offense anybody.

Never.

Yes, because it is smaller to type on and I usually only answer serious questions on my phone.

When viewing the list of forums on the main page, how important is seeing the number of posts in that forum? Not at all important.

When viewing the list of threads, do you need to know who wrote the original post in a topic? NO.

Is seeing the number of pages in each topic important to you? No

How about the time and author of the latest post in a topic? Not important.

Number of responses? If there are zero responses or only one or two, I will look at it.

Once you get around to reading a thread, what info do you want to be able to see about each person who posted a message? Username, avatar, title, from, date registered, number of posts, online/offline, realname, etc... And why? The only thing I really like to see is where they are from. Answering a question from someone in Maine will be totally different for someone in California.

Recent posts--- all of the time.
unanswered posts--- frequently
unread posts--- didn't know it existed
Subscribed topics--- I think I've only subscribed to perhaps 2 or 3 topics in the past 3 years.
List of your posts --- only if I'm searching for something
Users online--- once in a new moon.

If you were accessing BYC from your phone, would this change any of your requirements? If so, please explain.

While my phone can access the Internet, I've never used it for the Internet and have no desire to do so. I hate all phones.

When viewing the list of forums on the main page, how important is seeing the number of posts in that forum? If it's important to you, please explain why.
Not important at all.

When viewing the list of threads, do you need to know who wrote the original post in a topic? Is seeing the number of pages in each topic important to you? How about the time and author of the latest post in a topic? Number of responses?
Seeing the author of the OP is usually important to me. In the "answering chicken questions" threads, I will not answer any question that has more than one page. Occasionally the author of the latest post is important, time usually is not. Number of responses usually doesn't matter to me.

Once you get around to reading a thread, what info do you want to be able to see about each person who posted a message? Username, avatar, title, from, date registered, number of posts, online/offline, realname, etc... And why?
I want to be able to see their username, avatar. Title is not extremely important but I'd rather know what it is, too, especially if they are a GFM. Location is occasionally important, date registered usually is not. Number of posts might be. Their online status only matters if I'm waiting for them for some reason. Real name does not matter.

I never use any of those.

I do not possess a mobile phone.

I don't use any of the features you've listed except subscribe to topic link. I use it when a post interests me and I want to look at it again later. I have looked at the users list and users on line but it's been long time since I have.
As for posts...doesn't matter who posts it, how many posts its has, or what section it is in, only thing that matters to me is the title of the post. If it interests me I open it up.

Quote:
You're welcome! You may want to know why I answered your post, no, it's not because you tempted me with possible prizes. It's because you said, "Please."
lol.png
Now about those prizes, Did I hear someone mention brownies?
fl.gif
droolin.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom