HOW DOES IT LOOK?

Southern28Chick

Flew The Coop
12 Years
Apr 16, 2007
I'm working on this wood burning for someone.

I messed up in a few places, notice the burnt dots...I need a new wood burning tool.

Let me know what y'all think.

Edited to remove picture. Just found out it's a Christmas gift. I'm not sure if the person getting it comes on BYC or not. I'll repost when it's finished and I know that the person doesn't come on here.

Last edited:
Lookin' good!!!!
smile.png

I have to fix the tail feathers and make his chest come out farther, but I think it's looking good so far.

Good job! I like it! Did you do that by just looking at the picture? I do woodburning too and have trouble with the shading. What kind of woodburner do you use? Have you ever tried to woodburn a gourd? (One of my future projects)
Here's a picture of a carousel horse that I did. I'm no good at drawing free hand, so I transferred my tracing of the original picture with carbon paper onto the wood. I also hung feathers from it.
ee815eda.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
It'll stay natural. He is so colorful that it would be nice to add color but that's not my style.

frizzylizzy
Today 6:31 pm Good job! I like it! Did you do that by just looking at the picture? I do woodburning too and have trouble with the shading. What kind of woodburner do you use? Have you ever tried to woodburn a gourd? (One of my future projects)
Here's a picture of a carousel horse that I did. I'm no good at drawing free hand, so I transferred my tracing of the original picture with carbon paper onto the wood. I also hung feathers from it.

I do it free handed. My wood burner is a cheap thing I got from a craft store. I need a pro one.

I know a guy who burns on gourds. I may try that too.

I like your horse. It's very lovely.​

Back
Top Bottom