How does Marek's present in an older (2+ years) bird?

Here are some pics of Nutmeg when she is propping her self up. I think it might be to avoiding constantly resting on her breast bone, but before she would only army crawl with her wings. Now, it kind of looks like she uses the upper half of her legs to prop her self up. Hopefully, we are heading in the right direction. She does put her self down again to eat more food.

Attachments

• Nutmeg 3.jpg
    Nutmeg 3.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Nutmeg 4.jpg
    Nutmeg 4.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 28
Well they sent the final report and I guess I'll have to pay somebody else to interpret it. The English version seems to be that she was very sick, and not going to get better. I've attached the relevant portions of the report in case anybody can understand it. The report doesn't mention Marek's by name but states that she had a lymphoproliferative disease; Marek's is the most common lymphoproliferative disease, but not the only one so this doesn't confirm or deny; I think it's pretty likely though. Apparently her liver, kidneys and heart were also diseased and degenerative and she died of a heart attack--I can't work out what was the matter with her organs though, whether it was age and lifestyle related or some other disease. I know chickens are prone to fatty liver and she was 3, but mine eat and exercise better than most. I'm feeling pretty bad that I let her get into this condition somehow when I thought everything was great up till she collapsed, and I still can't work out if the others are threatened. Basically, I'm still really confused. Does anyone know somewhere I could post the results and get an interpretation in plain language of what's likely going on?

Attachments

• Report1.jpg
    Report1.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Report2.jpg
    Report2.jpg
    686.1 KB · Views: 33
Here are some pics of Nutmeg when she is propping her self up. I think it might be to avoiding constantly resting on her breast bone, but before she would only army crawl with her wings. Now, it kind of looks like she uses the upper half of her legs to prop her self up. Hopefully, we are heading in the right direction. She does put her self down again to eat more food.
I just saw this update--how is she doing?

I just saw this update--how is she doing?
Nutmeg is still alive. I put her in a little pen to try and have her move around a little more. She can move her legs, at least top half, and waddles around. She still isn't moving her feet. I have been giving her vitamin b and e and some apple cider vinegar in her water. Is there anything else I should try? I plan on taking pics and maybe video of her moving around, if I can, when I get home.

Here is an updated photo of Nutmeg. She moves around, but her feet still aren't working. Still giving her the same vitamin treatment. Either hopefully they will work in time or need to find out any other vitamins or medicine to use.

Attachments

• Nutmeg 6.jpg
    Nutmeg 6.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 23

Back
Top Bottom