How easily can coccidia/coccidiosis be transmitted to indoor cats and other animals

aldanfac

Songster
Apr 16, 2023
Maryland, USA
Hi guys sorry for making so many posts šŸ˜¬ I am just trying to get as much info as possible and now that I finally have my coop settled and cleaned I am starting to freak myself out over the cross contamination of me coming out of dirty coop and in my house.. I did my best to keep the nasty stuff outside but noticed some debris got in. I cleaned it up right away but Iā€™m curious if thereā€™s any risk of it being transmitted to my indoor cats? I am not losing it like I was with the chickens but i am definitely not looking for anymore surprises with my animals getting sick! Anyone know any info that can help me understand more? Feel free to just dump all and any information you have I really want to be smart about handling this situation. Iā€™ll also be taking my cats to the vet soon anyway so iā€™m not going to let myself stress too much lol

I may be wrong, but I don't think that the chickens could spread it to your cats. And I doubt that there was enough to do any real damage anyways.

I may be wrong, but I don't think that the chickens could spread it to your cats. And I doubt that there was enough to do any real damage anyways.
I have been thinking the same thing and I think you are right, iā€™ve read mixed opinions on the issue but no real significant source of info. Thank you though definitely made me feel better to hear someone say that haha

I have been thinking the same thing and I think you are right, iā€™ve read mixed opinions on the issue but no real significant source of info. Thank you though definitely made me feel better to hear someone say that haha
No problem!

Back
Top Bottom