How exciting the second egg is!!!

Buff-Island-Australorp

Songster
8 Years
Apr 1, 2011
Bixby, OK
My first egg arrived on Thursday......no egg on Friday.....then today, my son and I watched one of our RIR's climb in to the milk crate nest I put in the run, left her alone for a while, then I sent my sone back out about 30 minutes later to check and sure enough......the second egg!
It's just a little bit bigger than the 1st one.
Questions for you backyarders......she laid this one at approx 11:30 this morning. If she was a consistent layer, should I expect the next one tomorrow, around the same time, or about an hour later that the time from today?

Congrats on the first egg!!! You will find the third and fourth and twenty-eigth eggs are exctiing also. Then as more start laying, and you get 2 eggs or 3 a day-- well it takes a long time for the excitement to end!
They say it takes 23 or 25 hours for an egg to form( I can't remmeber which), which would men that the next egg would be an hour off.So, technically it would seem that in 12 days they would lay the morning egg at 10pm.
big_smile.png

I've known quite a few chickens and the eggs all seem to come within a few hour time frame every day-meaning almost all eggs are laid before noon. I've seen a few wait until later afternoon, but it's been the same chickens laying approximately the same time every day.

I got my first egg today from one of the 9 . Icant wait to check today now12.18 am now i may stay up all nite
caf.gif

One of my hens started laying 6 days ago. I have gotten 1 egg a day from her and she always seems to lay between 10-11am. My easter egger started laying 3 days ago, but skipped a day. Dont remember what time she laid her egg today. I get excited every time I open the coop door.

Back
Top Bottom