How fast they grow! 6 week pics.

dacasodivine

Songster
11 Years
Feb 19, 2008
Funny how when I kept them inside in a brooder (aka cardboard box) they were scared of me. Now I trip over them!
well004.jpg

well003.jpg

They've been outside almost a month now and most are fully feathered. I have one breed that was slower in feathering out but two chicks of that breed still aren't fully feathered out. Other than that, all are healthy. I started out with 2 heat lamps in their shelter. Now I have one on only at night. I will soon be taking that away.
well005.jpg

As you can see, some of them have discovered the bowls of dog food on the porch. They have a ball kicking it all out!
well007.jpg

sure is fun, documenting the difference in their growing cycles.. They do grow up fast.

Wow, I cant believe how much they grow in such a short time!!!! Mine are also a week old, and I'm so amazed that by April they will look like that!

Your chicks are beautiful!

i feel the same way. Mine are 2 weeks old and its cute to see there feathers coming in, But I don't want them to grow up. I like little fuzz balls

28261_middle_tray_chicks.jpg

2 days old, so cute.

Now..

28261_4_week_old_chicks_007.jpg

At Four weeks old. I moved them to the henhouse yesterday. They are such scaredy chickens.
They all run hide when I walk in.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom