How I feed my flock now - journey on the middle ground

This is exactly what I've been wanting to find info on! "The middle ground" That's what I've been wanting to do with my birds, lovely to see someone doing it successfully :)
Glad it helped you and thanks for watching. It is quite the minefield navigating the best way to feed your flock in your own circumstances.

Well done. It's a difficult topic mainly because it's awfully easy to head down the alternative feed road with insufficient knowledge and end up producing a diet deficient in some essential nutrients.
I'm a middle of the road feeder.:p mainly because of the type of chickens I've cared for over the last couple of years and my unusual keeping circumstances.
I am however a great believer in the chickens ability to balance their diet given a sufficient range of nutrients found through foraging. There is a massive amount of work to be done on research exactly what it is that chickens do eat when ranging and what needs to be supplemented for differing forage conditions.

Thank you for sharing this! You've done a really nice job of finding the "middle of the road" and your chickens look happy and healthy!!

P.S. I really love your gardening videos as well (I'm a gardening newbie and your tips are extremely helpful) - you've gained a new subscriber here! ☺️

Thanks for watching! It's always a bit nerve wracking putting yourself out there, everyone has been so kind.
You're very welcome! You did a great job. Yes nerves! Eek. I used to sing in front of people. So, yes, always nerves. But you did great, didn't show nerves at all, stayed focused. Great job! Well done. :)

Well done. It's a difficult topic mainly because it's awfully easy to head down the alternative feed road with insufficient knowledge and end up producing a diet deficient in some essential nutrients.
I'm a middle of the road feeder.:p mainly because of the type of chickens I've cared for over the last couple of years and my unusual keeping circumstances.
I am however a great believer in the chickens ability to balance their diet given a sufficient range of nutrients found through foraging. There is a massive amount of work to be done on research exactly what it is that chickens do eat when ranging and what needs to be supplemented for differing forage conditions.

I wish we were further along the research path on how plants and animals (including the human animal) relate to each other. I often see my flock nibbling on 'toxic' plants like buttercups, generally only at certain times of the day and under certain conditions. These seem entirely variable to me, but I do know they don't eat all the plants they have access to all the time. I really enjoy the unanswered questions watching my flock presents to me. It gives me something to think deeply about in this world full of snack sized instant answers.

Thank you for sharing this! You've done a really nice job of finding the "middle of the road" and your chickens look happy and healthy!!

P.S. I really love your gardening videos as well (I'm a gardening newbie and your tips are extremely helpful) - you've gained a new subscriber here! ☺️

Thank you, I'm glad you liked the video and that the other videos were helpful too.

Back
Top Bottom