How long are my eggs safe? Chickens & Ducks

Duckshack

In the Brooder
Mar 6, 2019
I retrieve eggs from the chicken coop / duck shack 1x a day. Should I be checking more than this? Once I get the eggs wash them and refrigerate them how long before they expire? (shouldn't be eaten or sold? )
Surprise! I got a couple of unsexed turkens last year and they are both roosters! Should roosters be in the same coop? They aren't very nice.

probably no to rooster in same coop okay first do not wash them please they last allot longer with the bloom on I keep eggs in a bowl in the fridge about once a week I put them in cartons to sell give us the fresher ones I get many too big for cartons
yes I had heard of not washing them but my eggs don't really have a coating on them and I'm not sure why. I'm getting a dozen a day and they all aren't laying yet. Yikes!
I guess I'm wondering how long they will last. when i hand my cousin a carton of eggs how long can she keep them?

probably no to rooster in same coop okay first do not wash them please they last allot longer with the bloom on I keep eggs in a bowl in the fridge about once a week I put them in cartons to sell give us the fresher ones I get many too big for cartons
I do to
You cannot see the bloom it is there trust me
ok thank you
do I need to build another place for the roosters? how often do I let them around t5he hens?

Back
Top Bottom