How long before gutting?

This is why we take ours to a nice Mennonite lady and pay her to do them. We put the birds designated to be processed in a dog crate the night before so they're sure to have empty digestive systems by morning, and take them to her first thing in the morning. Then I pick them up in the afternoon, all neatly processed, plucked, cleaned and chilled. (Her prices are extremely reasonable.) Then I take them home and store them in the refrigerator for at least three days before putting them in the freezer.

If you give it to your dog, first gut it and save the organ meat for him. Feed him the chicken parts raw. His short digestive tract can handle things that we can't.

Don't cook, don't grind. Feed outside. He'll think you've lost your mind, but he won't say anything.

If you give it to your dog, first gut it and save the organ meat for him. Feed him the chicken parts raw. His short digestive tract can handle things that we can't.

Don't cook, don't grind. Feed outside. He'll think you've lost your mind, but he won't say anything.
This will not give your dog a taste for raw chicken? .. and cause him to decide to start collecting his own from the flock?

You dog already has a taste for raw chicken. I fed my border collie and the rescue dogs predator raw, mostly chicken because a small animal has skin, joints, ligaments, and bits of organ meat. I also had chickens free ranging. They never killed the chickens, but I did have to forbid my collie from herding them.

Back
Top Bottom