How long can a developing egg survive without heat?

Miss Cheep

Songster
Aug 6, 2021
WA state
Hello! I have some duck eggs that were being sat on by a broody for three days, but then the mother was killed. 😔 We didn’t discover it for a whole day, because her nest is far from the other birds. We put some of her eggs under a different broody, and I was wondering if they have any chance of hatching? She is a khaki Campbell, the temperature was 70 - 73 degrees yesterday.

Hello! I have some duck eggs that were being sat on by a broody for three days, but then the mother was killed. 😔 We didn’t discover it for a whole day, because her nest is far from the other birds. We put some of her eggs under a different broody, and I was wondering if they have any chance of hatching? She is a khaki Campbell, the temperature was 70 - 73 degrees yesterday.
Duck eggs are surprising resilient. There's a good chance they will still be hatchable.

They have a fairly good chance, really. Good job on catching it, and sorry for your loss!
Duck eggs are surprising resilient. There's a good chance they will still be hatchable.
Not as long, my chicken eggs were left uncovered for about 12 hours after a Coon attack scared mama away and broke her. Most made it when I placed then under a different mama.
Thank you for the replies, she was one of my favorite birds, so I’m really hoping these will hatch!! 😁🤞

Back
Top Bottom